I've been playing pub this weekend and it's become clear that the small cloaker is overpowered.
Here's all the cloaker ever does in base:
- Walk into base through the gaps.
- Cloaks through enemies and touch the flag.
- Rep incoming enemies.
- Make a kamikaze kill. (Given the small size+invisibility you'll often get multiple kills before you die.)
- The above often buys enough time to reset the game timer, which is hardly deserved because it's so easy to do.
- If the cloaker fails, it simply attempts again and again for as long as it likes.
The problems I see are:
- It's small and invisible; takes the attention of more enemies than it deserves to take it down.
- Requires only a single pilot, unlike an LT - absolutely no teamwork required. Anyone can unspec and single-handedly screw up a fun basing game for kicks - which is exactly what some people do repeatedly.
- Pilots of even lesser skill can buy further reps+rockets, as if it wasn't overpowered enough already.
Just so it's not a pure whine, here's some possible changes:
- Make the cloaker big again.
- Remove the ability to rocket/rep/cloak (yup, it's overpowered enough to not even require to cloak despite its name).
If anyone else feels the same let me know, thanks!